Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 25th, 2012 08:00

XPS8500 bios a09

In the DEll web page for drivers there is a new version for the bios A9 for the XPS 8500. However, when I try to download, I get the error message saying that the file a09.exe is not available. Is there really a new bios version for the XPS 8500?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 26th, 2012 13:00

seansean,

It has to be a setting on your computer. The A09.EXE download worked for me using the Single-file download option -
Windows 7, IE9 & FF
Windows XP, IE8

I also uploaded it here for users:
http://pages.suddenlink.net/downloaddell/A09.EXE

edit = Sorry JackShack, I did not see your earlier post referencing that link.

27 Posts

September 25th, 2012 12:00

Thanks, I am using windows 7 with A06.

27 Posts

I don't think Mr. Priyanka has been paying attention.  The upgrade relates to bios A09 not bios 08 (which doesn't seem to exist, at least on my country site) and this addresses a raft of PCIe issues, as a casual reading of the postings on this forum will show:

en.community.dell.com/.../20188346.aspx

There is a link on this same thread from Chris, timestamped 18 sept 4:48pm, that does work and provides A09 with the same checksum as the driver page. The description also seems a little odd. Who has a diskette that will hold 7M?, the post from Chris tells you how to do it.

Hi,

The BIOS version A09 has some fixes and enhancements for Windows 8 Platform only. Hence, I would recommend  if you are using Windows 7 Operating System, the present BIOS version on your system is ok.
You can also get more details about fixes and enhancements from the link : http://dell.to/UE4V8E

Refer to the snapshot below:

Please reply for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

44 Posts

September 25th, 2012 13:00

Yes - it would be nice if Dell could get their story straight on this bios !!!

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 25th, 2012 18:00

BIOS A09 for XPS 8500 with Win 7 64-bit is here.

Use the Single File download option, NOT the Download Manager option.

It downloaded ok for me, but I don't have XPS 8500 so I can't say that the .exe actually works. :emotion-5:

6 Posts

September 25th, 2012 21:00

The download link doesn't work for me, either. Single File download says "Sorry, the requested file could not be downloaded."

501 Posts

September 26th, 2012 06:00

Downloaded & installed A09 yesterday with no problems. I just (8:45 AM EST) followed Ron's link and A09 will download for me.

27 Posts

September 26th, 2012 08:00

THe download link does not work for me

501 Posts

September 26th, 2012 09:00

If you're running a pop-up blocker disable it and see if it works.

6.4K Posts

September 26th, 2012 10:00

Actually, there are quite a few of us who follow the directions on the downloads page and have no trouble with the downloads or the installation.  I believe the later posts on the thread complaining about lack of support for certain PCI-e X1 cards demonstrates that fact.  If you are unable to download for some reason, I doubt that the fault lies with Dell.

Where are you located?

27 Posts

I disabled the pop-up blocker and I am still getting the message: Sorry, the requested file could not be downloaded

6 Posts

Seems like typical Dell.

No Quality Assurance or testing of their offering - hardware or software. Yet they continue to market a defective product.

Does anybody Dell actually follow the directions that Dell is telling it's customers to follow ?

COME ON DELL - step up and have the decency to admit the problem, desribe what solution you are offering and what issues will it fix.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM, DELL.

6.4K Posts

September 26th, 2012 11:00

What do you see on your screen as you attempt to download the file?  I first click the Download File icon, I then see a screen asking by what method I would like to download the file, I click the Single File Download option and click Continue, and then get a box asking if I would like to save the file.  I am using Firefox and only have that option, I cannot run it directly.  Once I download the file, however, it is executable.

Since you are seeing an error message about being unable to download, may I assume you are getting through the entire process, at least up to the Save file dialog box?

Also, is there any possibility that you have a firewall setting that prevents you from accessing certain web sites?  If not, I would check with your Internet provider to see if your service is having trouble with the servers that Dell uses.

6.4K Posts

September 26th, 2012 11:00

Dell-ChrisM placed a direct link in his message to the PCI-e problem thread; can you use that to download?  That link is here:  http://pages.suddenlink.net/downloaddell/A09.EXE

No Events found!