Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2009 13:00

cant reinstall

need help , just recieved 2 gx260 from work, i dont have o reinstall cd, and when i went onchat with dell they told me my pcs were out of date, and thaey dont send no more of those cds, what do i do,where do i go, i was told that i can only install windows 95, i have  a windows xp cd and i cnt install that , so what do i do????

799 Posts

January 21st, 2009 14:00

need help , just recieved 2 gx260 from work, i dont have o reinstall cd, and when i went onchat with dell they told me my pcs were out of date, and thaey dont send no more of those cds, what do i do,where do i go, i was told that i can only install windows 95, i have  a windows xp cd and i cnt install that , so what do i do????

Hello graylionz,  HERE  is the link to the Dell site for your systems. It shows that Windows XP can be installed on this system.

If you have no Dell CD\DVD, but a valid Windows XP CD with a valid product key, you should be able to install Windows XP on these systems.

You would need to locate any drivers you may need after the installation.

Hope this helps.

5 Posts

January 21st, 2009 15:00

i went to this site and it dont work, do you think it might be mycd rom , that it wont read the windows cd???

799 Posts

January 21st, 2009 15:00

i went to this site and it dont work, do you think it might be mycd rom , that it wont read the windows cd???

Hello graylionz, You may need to enter the BIOS and set the first boot device to the onboard CD\DVD drive and the second boot device to the onboard hard drive.

Save your settings and reboot with the Windows XP disk in the optical drive.

Hope this helps.

No Events found!