Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 18th, 2011 17:00

dell inspiron 530 wont boot 4 beeps black monitor power button blue solid yellow lite nside

i  hav a dell inspiron 530  inter duel core processor   w vista    completely stock.............. when i push the button to turn it on  the fan come on  button turns blue   then u hear 4 beeps   and inside ther  is a solid yellow lite on next to the motherboard   no power tothe usb s  and monitor stays black       fan lite on the back is green like it should b     what is problem   can it b fixd    can i fix it w taking to some1      working on the inside of a computer  im alittle above a rookie n doing it      thx  mike

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 18th, 2011 19:00

maheisel

Four 'Beeps', could indicate a memory issue, if you are comfortable working inside the computer case, try opening the case, remove and reinstall all the memory modules and see if this makes a difference.

If you not comfortable working, with removing and reinstalling components, then I would suggest that you take the Inspiron 530 to a local repair shop. 

Is the power button LED, Steady Blue, or Blinking Blue?

Has any changes been made to the 530 recently?

The Inspiron 530 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Codes are HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 19th, 2011 17:00

ok  did what u suggestd    turnd 530 on  no beeps  it booted up and seems to b working fine  thank u for ur help   greatly appriecated  ........but 1 question even tho its booted up and working   the power button is still a solid blue color   and yellow solid yellow lite on nside .???????????......thanks again for ur advice and helping me fi this 530   i tried other forums on other sites tryn to get answers and got no replies ... so thanks again  for ur help    mike

maheisel

Is the Inspiron 530 working now?

The LED on the motherboard is the 'Stand By Power Light' [aka 'flea power'] and indicates the motherboard has power is reaching it.

Bev

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 27th, 2013 19:00

hi I was having the same issue with my dell inspiron 530. four beeps when i turned it on and nothing shows up on screen. I removed the memory and put it back in and now it beeps twice instead of four when i turn it on???? and solutions/suggestions??

thanks

mchillington

Two 'Beeps' indicate no memory modules are detected.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-530_owner%27s%20manual_en-us.pdf

Remove all the memory modules, then install only one module in slot 1 and see if the system boots and if the computer starts normally, reinstall an additional module.

Does not boot, move the module to slot 2 and again see if the system boots, no boot, try the module in slot 3, no boot, try installing in slot 4.

Still does not boot, then remove the first module and using the second one, repeat the sequence described above.

Still no boot, try installing any remaining modules, one at a time, using the above procedure.

Continue until you have identified any faulty module [or slot] or reinstalled all modules without error.

Still does not boot, buy a new compatible memory module and try that.

Then if the computer still does not start, it's possible that the motherboard has failed and needs to be replaced.

Bev.

6 Posts

January 18th, 2011 18:00

can i fix it w/o taking it 2 some1

6 Posts

January 18th, 2011 20:00

ok i will   try that and let u no.....yes i am comfertable w doing the fixing   just need to no what to do and look 4   got the pic of nside frm one of the past posts u replyd to and posted    .............the power button is a steady blue.......no changes hav bn made to the 530 at all still same as when bought.....thx bev  will keep u postd

6 Posts

January 19th, 2011 16:00

ok  did what u suggestd    turnd 530 on  no beeps  it booted up and seems to b working fine  thank u for ur help   greatly appriecated  ........but 1 question even tho its booted up and working   the power button is still a solid blue color   and yellow solid yellow lite on nside .???????????......thanks again for ur advice and helping me fi this 530   i tried other forums on other sites tryn to get answers and got no replies ... so thanks again  for ur help    mike

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 19th, 2011 20:00

maheisel

:emotion-21:

Bev.

6 Posts

January 19th, 2011 20:00

yes it is  thank u  so very much

1 Message

August 27th, 2013 18:00

hi I was having the same issue with my dell inspiron 530. four beeps when i turned it on and nothing shows up on screen. I removed the memory and put it back in and now it beeps twice instead of four when i turn it on???? and solutions/suggestions??

thanks

1 Message

December 15th, 2014 11:00

Thanks! This really helped. I was getting 4 beeps and a blank screen on my 6 year old Dell Dimension E510. Geek Squad said it's probably the motherboard, don't bother. Too expensive to fix. So I tried the resetting of just the first 2 of the 4 memory chips, and fired it up. Came up perfectly! Thank you so much.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 15th, 2014 12:00

rich503

Glad to hear that the post helped. 

Bev.

1 Message

December 11th, 2015 13:00

Thanks so much.  I just installed a hard drive and go the 4 beeps.  Pulled both memory chips, reinstalled and it all works.  Thanks!!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 11th, 2015 17:00

Thanks so much.  I just installed a hard drive and go the 4 beeps.  Pulled both memory chips, reinstalled and it all works.  Thanks!!

geocarp

You are welcome.

Bev. 

No Events found!