Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 14th, 2005 17:00

detto intellimover in conflict with usb

when installing intellimover software i could not install the driver for the usb data cable..i have a usb mouse and keyboard also...could somebody help me with this one

23 Posts

August 19th, 2005 14:00

mastervader-

Seems to me I recall tha Dell used to bundle the Dettosoft ware with a computer purchase about 4 years ago.

If this is the case with you, then the drivers, and or software are surely out of date.

Even if it's a more recent acquisition on your part, you may still wish to check for update/FAQs at Detto. Try here.

fnv3

August 21st, 2005 14:00

the site doesnt have an update....

August 24th, 2005 21:00

I am getting an error message that the USBBC.SYS file is missing. 

Please note that the issue you are facing is due to the fact that the operating system in your old computer has issued the USB port to some other device(s) and it will not allow the IntelliMover software to use it.  Please perform the trouble shooting steps outlined below in order to resolve the issue and load the correct driver.  This will usually occur when the cable is plugged in before the software prompts and Windows assigns a driver for an unknown device: -

How to proceed: 

When presented with the dialogue box during the install process, you will need to follow these step-by-step instructions: -

1. Please verify that the "USB Bridge Cable" is visible under "Universal Host Controllers" in the system "Device Manager" while the USB data transfer cable is plugged into the USB port.

2. The Device Manager may be displayed by clicking on Start -> Settings ->Control Panel. Then double-click on the "System" icon; the second tab should be the Device Manager. In Windows 2000 or XP, device manager will be under the "Hardware" tab and then a button called "Device Manager".

3. If the USB Bridge Cable is not there then disconnect the cable and click on the Refresh button. Uninstall all other USB devices connected to the computer. Also delete the "Root Hub" under Universal Serial Controllers in the Device Manager.

4. Reconnect the USB Bridge Cable and note what name the cable is showing up as. For example, it may be showing up under Other Devices as an Unknown Device. This usually means that the Windows operating system does not have the correct driver loaded for the USB Bridge Cable.

5. To load the correct driver for the USB Bridge Cable, please double-click the unknown device and click the "Driver" tab.

6. Then click on "Update Driver" button, the correct driver (usbbc.sys) can be found on the IntelliMover CD or you can give the path as -  c:\programfiles\Detto\IntellIMover\Drivers\usbbc.sys

7. Install the driver and restart the IntelliMover program.

August 24th, 2005 22:00

I found this under the KB article 76857 on the Detto Support site.  I had this problem also and this fixed it.
No Events found!