Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2003 06:00

dimension 4600 and dell audigy 2?

Hello, yust an question

I've yust purchased a dell dimension 4600 with the audigy 2 from dell. Now i'm reading all these story's here that this card gives problems and is not the same as the retail version.

Are there people who are happy with this dell audigy 2? or is the advise return it to dell and get an retail audigt 2?

265 Posts

November 7th, 2003 15:00

mastiro:

Just to let you know when you get the computer youll have Dells drivers on there, to get the newest drivers for the audigy2 go here:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

265 Posts

mastiro:

I have a 4600 with the same card and have had no problems with. Most of the problems that were occuring seemed to come from either the sound card being to close to the video card or the older drivers. if you arent haveing any problems with it then i would say stick with the one you have unless you want the ex version or the new zs wich supports 7.1

7 Posts

thx, i will receive my system next week, so i will look at the drivers

8 Posts

November 10th, 2003 08:00

Hey guys,

I have a dimension 4600 and Creative SB Audigy 2.

Some days ago I bought Cubase SL, to create music.
I have encountered some problems with the latency. Which means that the sound comes through the speakers a while after the sound is made. That's really bad!
It has something to do with the ASIO driver.

I think that this can be fixed, but I don't know how. Does anyone know what to do?
What about the kxproject?

Sevenup

265 Posts

November 10th, 2003 16:00

Sevenup:

I dont know anything about that program so all i can generallty suggest is to make sure that you have the latest updates for both Cubase Sl and your audigy. On a side note though you might want to consider that the regular audigy is for general use. The audigy2 plantnium and plantium ex is more geared to creating music software and hardware wise.

Also you might want to make another post with you problem in the subject line, that way its more likiley to be seen.

8 Posts

November 11th, 2003 17:00

Yes, I know... by now!

Dell could just offer Audigy 2. At the time when I ordered it I thougt that it was enough. I am downloading the update... but I must say that I don't like using a modem. Where I lived before I had a fast link to the Internet, that's like heaven!

I hope that one day all homes are equipt with a fast Internet link!

Thanks for you answer!

8 Posts

November 11th, 2003 17:00

I don't think that you have to dissapointed!

The Audigy 2 is great, I really enjoy it! But if you are using Steinberg programs like Cubase which depends on the ASIO driver, then it gets worse.

But if you use it just for music listening, then it's great. The sound is crystal clear and has a lot of effects to add the sound output. If you play guitar and want to play it while using the computer then it's alright too. You can record it too, but not with Cubase. As far as I know.

By the way... make sure that you download fixes for the blasterworm. It attacked me today and have almost not been connected to the Internet. Got my Computer last week. Look at Symantec for a fix. I don't have the link available right now but I think you will find it if you search for it! The worm stops your Internet connection and closes down your windows XP. It is easy to take care of if you know how. I have spent this whole day figuring out how to do. After 4 hours I called Dell tech support, and they could give me great support! Thank you DELL!

Take care!

Sevenup

No Events found!