Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2015 13:00

error code: 0xc0000034

i have a xps 10 tablet and this is what comes up on the error screen

Your PC needs to be repaired.

The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information.

File:\BCD

Error code: 0xc0000034

all the solutions that i have found needs a cd to repair which not only i did not get and secondly the xps 10 doesnt have a cd drive. the other solutions needs me to press f8 on the keyboard and again there is not keyboard. 

i need help?!?!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 17th, 2015 06:00

Dell XPS 10 tablet comes with Windows RT.

A temporary fix, means you need to create a bootable USB drive, go into the command prompt, and type in "bootrec /rebuildbcd" at the C prompt.

Unfortunately this fix is not for Dell but rather for microsoft's Surface.

Microsoft have now released the Full Recovery Image for WinRT (3.7GB download). You can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/surface-rt-startup-error-0xc000000d?lc=1033

It uses the same steps to complete the upgrade with the last part being to recreate the full recovery volume. Some news sites are saying the MS image will revert you to 8.0, it does not. It will complete the 8.1 upgrade and then the extra steps are to recreate the on-device recovery volume with the 8.0 image which only applies if you rollback sometime in the future.

1.2K Posts

March 17th, 2015 08:00

Hi ,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

In this case I would suggest you to try these steps ,if the system boots into windows,

1)Then try system refresh .

2)Also try to initiate diagnostics by Turn on the device and connect the USB key -then launch explore from desktop by touching/clicking the explorer icon on the lower left hand side of the desktop-touch or double click "E:\DiagnosticTool" to launch the diagnostic tool.

If there are any more queries do reply to this community thread we will be glad to resolve them for you .

Kindest Regards,

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 17th, 2015 08:00

Boot BCD is a very specific error.

He is at the point where it DOES NOT boot into windows and therefore a refresh is not happening either.

He needs a windows RT boot usb stick so he can re-create the BCD file via

The following commands and hit enter after each line of command:
Bootrec /fixmbr
Bootrec /fixboot
Bootrec /scanos
Bootrec /rebuildbcd

He needs reinstall usb flash for windows RT.

The XPS10 is no longer able to start Windows and you receive the following error on the screen:

Recovery
Your PC needs to be repaired
The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information
File: \BCD
Error code: 0xc0000034

No Events found!