Highlighted
8 Krypton

Re: hardware failure in a very old Dell Optiplex Gx270 SFF

Nostra63

To check the motherboard, you must use a 'Know' working power supply.

I've already posted the details for checking the motherboard.

Unfortunately, while you can make an informed diagnosis, sometimes computer troubleshooting, is diagnostics by substitution.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos
Nostra63
1 Copper

Just one thing, I disconnected the 20 pin power connector from the motherboard but I didn't as requested I frogot to use the clip to short it between green and black.

I did it just now but when power it nothing happens no noises no fan,(disconnected from the motherboard) not even a light in the power switch, nothing at all.

I turn off the power supply and discharge any remaining power and connect everything (motherboard) and power it on and comes as before yellow permanent light in the power switch and the noise of fan working really slow.

Sorry about the mistake. 

Since electricity and me don't goes well I miss that of the jump the power connector. my bad emoticon.Embarrassed.title

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Nostra63

I suggest trying a 'know' working power supply.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

0 Kudos
Nostra63
1 Copper

I will thanks, just going to look where to buy one emoticon.Huh?.title eBay is the best bet, I will post something when I have the info. Thanks for all till now.

greatly appreciated emoticon.BigSmile.title

king regards

Nel

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Nel.

Good luck.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

0 Kudos
Nostra63
1 Copper

Hi I'm back 😞

Just tried with a working power supply, the results are the same: nothing works (just the fixed ambar light and the noise of the fans working really slow) So that means the motherboard is dead? bad luck,  what are the chances of all be ok and after a shut down the motherboard goes dead:emotion-7: Is there any chance to know if the processor is ok, or if it was the processor the lights on the back worked? since even them don't work. I bought a power supply for nothing, mine was ok, in this way I go buy a full computer in pieces without putting this one working emoticon.Embarrassed.title

Regards

Nel 

0 Kudos