Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2012 10:00

mfehidk.sys BSOD

Hello,
Yesterday I was playing Counter Strike:Source when suddenly all my programs crashed and my PC restarts. I then got a BSOD telling me that that .sys file was the cause. After some research I have discovers that that file has down with McAfee, I do have McAfee installed so that's not a problem. However a problem is that I try to restart and go in to safe mode (networking, command prompt etc) and the BIOS screen loads up then the BSOD shows up again so I'm unable to prevent it from running. Along with the mfehidk.sys I also have the parameters (i think they are called that) 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x83C71400, 0x80399914, 0x80399610)
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium x32. The last change I believe was an automatic update by Steam for Garry's Mod
Thank you for your time and I hope you can help me

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

BugCheck 7e with VirusScan caused by MFEHIDK.SYS

Corporate KnowledgeBase ID:   KB53975

Last Modified:   February 08, 2011

Environment

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i

Microsoft Windows

Problem

An issue with MFEHIDK.SYS (13.3.0.139) causes the computer to stop responding with BugCheck 7e and sometimes you see a Blue Screen error.

Memory dump analysis reveals the following:

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7E

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (7e)

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 80840162 to 8092d300

STACK_TEXT:

b873fb6c 80840162 8895a388 00000000 b81f2a10 nt!ObpRemoveObjectRoutine+0xbc

b873fb8c b81dc384 89a6ee28 b81dc96a 89a6ee28 nt!ObfDereferenceObject+0x67

b873fb94 b81dc96a 89a6ee28 b873fc20 b81dbe69 mfehidk!

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  2

SYMBOL_NAME:  mfehidk!PROCESSINFO_::~PROCESSINFO_+4f

MODULE_NAME: mfehidk

IMAGE_NAME:  mfehidk.sys

Solution

This issue has been resolved in Patch 7 for VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i.

To download McAfee products, updates, and documentation, visit the Downloads page at www.mcafee.com/.../downloads.aspx.

For instructions on downloading, see: KB56057.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

A virus or windows update has broken your system and MCAFEE is crashing.

You did not say which dell.

You did not say Which os.

You gave very little information whatsoever.

There are 32 BIT AND 64 BIT versions of VISTA as well as several service packs.

Important Before you install Windows Vista SP2 from the Download Center, follow these steps:

• Make sure that you have installed Windows Vista SP1.

SP1 is a prerequisite for SP2. Click here to download SP1.
  • Recommended: Install the latest updates for Windows from the Windows Update site or click here to install the update for Ks.sys from Microsoft Web site.
  • Check whether your computer is running the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version of Windows Vista. If you know this information, go to the " Downloads " section. If you are unsure about which version is running on your computer, click Start, right-click Computer and click Properties. The system type is listed under System.

Downloads

Note If your language version of Windows Vista is English, French, German, Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional), install the Five Language Standalone package. The Five Language Standalone package is smaller than the All Language Standalone package and therefore is faster to download. If your language version of Windows Vista is not English, French, German, Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional), you might want to install the All Language Standalone package.

Click to download different versions of Windows Vista Service Pack 2

For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

119591  How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services

Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.

Click to download different versions of Windows Vista Service Pack 1

For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

119591  How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services

Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.

4 Posts

I did say I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, My PC specs are: 3GB Ram, Intel Dual Processor 2.5GHz, 320GB HDD and a EVGA GeForce GT430

4 Posts

How do I download it and implement it when I'm unable to access anything on the PC, can't even use Safe Mode

4 Posts

April 26th, 2012 11:00

Using SP2, its a Inspiron 545

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 26th, 2012 11:00

You did not say which service packs if any.

You did not say which Dell model.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 26th, 2012 12:00

Then you may have to wipe the system doing the F8 factory restore.

No Events found!