Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 7th, 2012 23:00

need help!!!error code 2000-0123 -Memory-Integretiy test discrepancy

Hi,

my PC dell 990 hang and I try to diagnostic and showing the error code...I replace the ram but still showing error message after run diagnostic.please need help...

**Memory-WCMch Test*

Test Results :Fail

Error Code 2000-0123

Validation 1919

Msg: Memory-integrity test discrepancy.

4 Posts

October 10th, 2012 02:00

I follow the step and I try the memory test for all slot….when I put memory in slot 2 no error found in diagnostic. All memory it will work fine in slot 2

I try to change the mother board the same error problem…lastly, I swap the processor its working fine.

Thanks DELL-Ravi Ch for your support….

Thanks,

Kun

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 11th, 2012 01:00

Hi kdaiyan,

I see that the motherboard is faulty from the tests.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 8th, 2012 00:00

Hi kdaiyan,

We will have to troubleshoot to isolate the issue to either RAM modules or the RAM slots on the motherboard.

I’d suggest that you place only one RAM module in each slot at a time and run the test and check if you get the error.

I have added you as my friend on the community forum. Please send me a private message with the system service tag, so that I could suggest further steps.

4 Posts

October 8th, 2012 04:00

Sir,

I try to remove 1 of the ram but the same errror code.

Thanks,

kun daiyan

4 Posts

October 9th, 2012 01:00

Sir,

I try to remove 1 of the ram AND TRANSFER TO ANOTHER SLOT but the same errror code.

Thanks,

kun daiyan

SERVICE TAG  [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy] 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 9th, 2012 04:00

Hi kdaiyan,

As per the tests you have performed we are not able to determine if which RAM is faulty or which RAM slot is faulty. We will have to troubleshoot further to isolate the issue to either RAM modules or the RAM slots on the motherboard.

I see that your computer was shipped with two memory chips on your computer. Do not run the test on the free slots i.e. ‘slot3’ and ‘slot4’.Please remove both memory chips from the ‘slot1’ and ‘slot2’. I’d like you to run four tests on your computer.

1. Connect ‘Memory 1’ to ‘slot1’ and run the diagnostic memory test.
  2. Connect ‘Memory 1’ to ‘slot2’ and run the diagnostic memory test.
  3. Connect ‘Memory 2’ to ‘slot1’ and run the diagnostic memory test.
  4. Connect ‘Memory 2’ to ‘slot2’ and run the diagnostic memory test.

Let me know the errors you receive from the test.

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 19:00

problems seems the same on my XPS L702X except that even if I try to swap the Memory from either slots, same

problems over and over.

I'd like to have some advice about this problem. Got some computer shutdown and corrupted some files, and

had pretty much problems to finally been able to correct windows files (had to restore from a system restore date).

But I know the Memory problem is still there.

My computer is not even 2 years old, and I find this quite annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Mario

1.8K Posts

January 3rd, 2013 22:00

Hi Mario,

Two beeps on XPS 702X indicates "No Memory (RAM) detected". Usually two memory slots or modules do not go bad at the same time. You can try cleaning the memory slot and then reseat the memory modules. Take memory modules out. Try one memory at a time in each slot and try powering on the computer. You can find detailed instructions on reseating memory modules from link: http://dell.to/10XvBUV 

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get a new memory module and see if system works with that. If the issue still persists, it is an issue with the motherboard and might need replacement. 

Please share the findings. 

4.4K Posts

May 18th, 2013 01:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                    

No Events found!