Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 22nd, 2016 14:00

onboard card

Does my Dell XPS 8300 have an integrated video card?

Currently the monitor is plugged into a horizontal port and I get some slight stuttering when closing a page; I have an NVidea card, updated.

I think nothing happened when I tried the vertical port - is that b/c I need to do something in the BIOS?

I do not know which is dedicated and which is onboard. I was going to try to use the onboard card to see if the stuttering will go away. Instead of removing the card i was going to use the other port.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

July 22nd, 2016 17:00

Hi Marin1

Thanks for writing to us.

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message to help you better.

Regards

1.2K Posts

July 22nd, 2016 21:00

The Integrated graphics is the onboard graphics. the Discrete graphics is your graphics card, likely an nVidia and may not look exactly like that one.

1.2K Posts

July 22nd, 2016 21:00

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

July 23rd, 2016 20:00

Keep in mind the on-board video ports won't work if an add-in video card is installed. So you'll have to remove the add-in card if you want to try using on-board video.

1.2K Posts

July 23rd, 2016 22:00

Keep in mind the on-board video ports won't  may not work if an add-in video card is installed.

It depends on how the BIOS is set.

55 Posts

July 24th, 2016 05:00

Thank you. I was told to just swap ports in most cases. Perhaps Dell is different.

I will do so.

Peter

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

July 24th, 2016 17:00

It depends on how the BIOS is set.

That's only true if the Intel Multiple Monitor Feature is enabled in BIOS. BUT, the first monitor still has to be connected to the add-in video card. And only then will a second monitor work when it's connected to an onboard video port.

The Intel Multiple Monitor Feature doesn't allow you to use only one monitor that's connected to an onboard video port when there's an add-in video card..

No Events found!