Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2003 02:00

outlook express/mcafee virus scan online

keep getting suspicious script has been detected when opening outlook express...mcaffe virus scan online...i think i did something earlier when i got an email from my cable company...i  might have "reported it" somehow, and now keep getting this from mcafee.....there must be a way to fix

warning was something like program files support.com\charter

help

1.3K Posts

August 21st, 2003 12:00

splinter-hedgie,

Thanks for using the Dell Community Forum.

Can you tell us exactly what the error message reads, word for word.  Also, what has McAfee said about this issue.

August 21st, 2003 21:00

mcafee helped me today--it's not their problem--it's outlook express

c:\program files\support.com\charter\vbs\tsoe.vbs

contains suspicious scripting activity and has been stopped

is there a way to remove outlook express then reinstall to see if this can correct the errors???

called my cable company too--everyone is stumped--no viruses on computer

August 22nd, 2003 18:00

guess what, i figured it out!!!!!! under mcafee, advance settings for virus scan, the sciptstopper was enabled, so i unchecked it-----it stopped those suspicious scripts from outlook-----this should be ok, right???

1.3K Posts

splinter-hedgie,

I checked our knowledge base and Microsoft's knowledge base and I could and can't find a reference to that so I know it's not Dell related or Microsoft related. 

I then started searching just the file name and could not find it but then did a search in Google on the file extension, .vbs and it turned up references to Symantec.  It's something related to one of their products.

I'm sorry but from what I see, this is something McAfee will have to address or you may have to go through Symantec if McAfee can't get rid of the virus.  Go to http://www.google.com and do a search on the file extension.

i'll keep you informed as i get more info---thanx for your time, it's appreciated

1.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2003 19:00

splinter-hedgie,

I can't say for sure but it sounds like it.  Keep us up to date if it doesn't.

No Events found!