Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

October 5th, 2016 19:00

swapping out existing cables in Dim 3000

I would like to change out the wide cables that connect the 80gb hdd but I don't know what they are called.

I do not see a sata port in the motherboard so I could use some help with this cuz I ran an f12 diagnostic test on the existing HDD which is the original drive that came with the system and it failed.It gave me a (Fail Network Code:7)If someone knows what this code is I would like to know.

That's it for my old system for now.

Thanks,

tech1126

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

October 5th, 2016 20:00

The motherboard doesn't support SATA, although it's possible to retrofit SATA with a PCI SATA card like the Syba 150R.

I doubt the PATA cables are at fault. More likely, the drive is failing.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 5th, 2016 22:00

I would like to change out the wide cables that connect the 80gb hdd but I don't know what they are called.

I do not see a sata port in the motherboard so I could use some help with this cuz I ran an f12 diagnostic test on the existing HDD which is the original drive that came with the system and it failed.It gave me a (Fail Network Code:7)If someone knows what this code is I would like to know.

That's it for my old system for now.

Thanks,

tech1126

tech1126

The hard drive is failing, Error Code 7 means the drive has failed it's self-test and should be replaced.

Bev.

No Events found!