Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 21st, 2001 16:00

tgcmd module

what part of windows me is this & why does it keep wanting to connect to the net. my Norton firewall reports it as medium security risk, & tells me that it trys to connect about every hour. thanks bob

1.1K Posts

To add to the information here, this thread from another user in this conference explains the files involved, their uses to you, and the need to have them enabled in the Startup files, or even installed at all.

While the thread begins relating to ZoneAlarm, if you go further into it, the discussion of the files begins.

Kay

501 Posts

bob,
You might want to give @home a call to their support department. Here's a clipping a found by doing a search using "Google".

"OK. I found out a little more. The TG programs (TGCMD.EXE, TGSHELL.EXE, etc.) in the @home\tioga\bin directory are part of a suite of tools from Tioga Systems Inc.. They are tools that help solve configuration problems on your computer, part of Tioga's "Healing System help desk software". I believe @Home licenses Titoga's system for use by its customers to help them solve problems with your @Home setup.
I don't believe these programs are necessary for your system to work. They are only there to help you on your own or with the help of an @Home tech support person to correct corruption or problems that may arise." HTH

1.1K Posts

Hey Warren,

I agree, long time, but I keep up with your posts when you make it here :)

I'm sorry, I am really slow with typing today (and most days :) ) I do miss the spellchecker :)

Have a good one,

Kay

501 Posts

Hi Kay,
Sorry for the cut Kay, you weren't there when I started pecking. At least we were consistant. How ya been, long time since I conversed with you.

1.1K Posts

Bob,

tgcmd is not part of Win ME, it's part of your @Home software. It relates to an interactive diagnostic tool available to you and the @Home tech support unit to use if needed to support your @Home connection and software.

If you don't anticipate needing this service, the easiest thing to do is to go to Start | Run | enter msconfig in the field and OK the run. Choose the Startup tab. Uncheck the entries relating to the Tioga software and restart the system to make the changes take effect. It should no longer attempt to contact the @Home site following this. To enable it, simply return, recheck the needed items and restart the system.

Kay

25 Posts

thanks Kay,& Warren It shows up when I do Ctrl/Alt/Delete, so I thought it was part of ME,also explains why microsoft sites did me no good. thanks again. ps I checked google also but didnt really understand what i was looking at.

Message Edited on 04/21/01 12:31PM by bobbelnap

501 Posts

April 21st, 2001 17:00

Kay,
Kay wrote -I agree, long time, but I keep up with your posts when you make it here -

As I with yours. I think there was an extended leave of your absence for quite some time, I hope it was nothing serious. I might not have much to say here in these forums, but I do a lot of absorbing from the great people here, such as you. Keep up the good work Kay, and I'll catch you later. All the best.
C'Ya!

1.1K Posts

April 21st, 2001 17:00

Hey.

Thanks for worrying :); thankfully, nothing was wrong at all. A friend wanted a website built from scratch which was fairly complex, so it took all my free time there for a while. I did learn to love NotePad, though :)

Talk to you later,

Kay

No Events found!