Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 27th, 2016 13:00

windows xps 8900 static sound

yeah, so i just bought this windows xps 8900(windows 10) and it is working pretty fine, but when i play a game, for example league of legends or counter strike global offensive, it makes this REALLY annoying static sound(i use a headset by the way, i use the microphone and headphone jack). i have gotten sort of used to it but i want to know if there is a way to get rid of this static sound. anybody have any suggestions on what i should do?

November 29th, 2016 15:00

oh, i figured out the problem. my headphone and mic jack in the front of the case is not working well so i plugged in the things into the back of my computer

November 28th, 2016 04:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

May I know if the static sound occur only during the games or any other applications, like videos or music? Have you tried another headphone to ensure it is not an issue with the headphones? Does the same static noise occur on the speakers as well?

I recommend you to update the system to the latest video, audio drivers and BIOS from the link:

http://dell.to/2gnuzNA

Please update the drivers and BIOS and let us know the status to assist further.

November 28th, 2016 13:00

ok. i am currently downloading the drivers. the static sound occurred mostly when i opened games up, but sometimes randomly, it just does it for a second or two then stops. and i have tried other headphones and ended with the same result.

November 28th, 2016 16:00

i updated my drivers and there was no change in noise, the static is still there when i open up any game. by the way, the static sounds like a fly going around your ear constantly or like a lawn mower (it changes randomly)

December 1st, 2016 07:00

Hi Chris,

Glad to know that you were able to get to the root cause of the issue. Please PM me the service tag of the system, along with your contact details, email address and physical address. I will get the front I/O panel replaced based on the warranty of the system.

No Events found!