Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 30th, 2008 02:00

Brand new XPS 630I has been defective since it came out of the box on June 5, 2008

I have spent over 20 hours troubleshooting my defective XPS 630I with Dell techs all over the world. I have 6 different case numbers from all the different representatives that detail all the many fixes attempted by Dell Connect. Dell has even sent and installed a new hard drive - but the computer still won't work properly on the internet. It freezes/locks-up, works very slowly, etc.. In spite of Dell's best efforts, the computer apparently can't be fixed to work properly, so I would like to return it. Can someone advise me as to how to return this unit because Dell refuses to take back a useless brand new computer.

82 Posts

July 30th, 2008 03:00

PM  Chris_M that would you like to return your brand new xps 630i.
Message Edited by sikatcebu28 on 07-29-2008 11:33 PM

6 Posts

July 30th, 2008 12:00

Please advise me as to what those two specific reasons are that a refund is given outside of the 21 days? Doesn't a brand new computer that was initially defective and continues to be defective (inspite of over 20 hours on the phone) with technical support qualify???? This is shocking! The computer is useless to me because it will not work properly and Dell apparently can't fix it. Please advise me as to what to do next.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 30th, 2008 12:00

sikatcebu28,

The refund outside of the initial 21 days from the invoice date on the XPS 630 is only done for two specific reasons. Petjoy85 wants to return the PC for other reasons which we will not do outside of the initial 21 days from the invoice date.

538 Posts

July 30th, 2008 16:00

Since you can't get a refund, I would call tech support and request a system exchange. Atleast you might be able to get a replacement system.

202 Posts

July 30th, 2008 22:00

I would agree with the previous poster that you should try reinstalling Windows XP (assuming that it came with the reinstallation media), in fact I always recommend clean installing the operating system as soon as you turn the computer on 4 the first time (just make sure that you activate your 15 month free antivirus software subscription first), just fyi.
No Events found!