Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

June 30th, 2001 19:00

Crosswords/jigsaw puzzles no longer displayed.

Using the Net to access crosswords and jigsaw puzzles were you are able to move around the words or pieces as solving the various games. However now, where the games were displayed within a square area of the screen, only a blank space with a small box containing three small symbols (not a red x or +) but (two dots and a triangle)at the top left hand side of the blank area.Also where newspapers display a moving news (sentences) this also now blank. Does this mean a file has been erased or become corrupted, and what is required to obtain the necessary files to rectify this error. Anyone's assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you most sincerely for your assistance. The site is thinks.com. Hope this helps.
Bobby.

101 Posts

what website is this?

Message Edited on 06/30/01 03:22PM by 5PB1101

101 Posts

try emptying the tempeary intenet files (start internet explorere>goto tools>gotointernet options>delete files) Tell me if you are using netscape (it's very different).

101 Posts

June 30th, 2001 20:00

probably not, what game is it?

June 30th, 2001 20:00

Thanks again, this did not replace the page. Use IE 5.5. I think it could be with javascript?
5PB1101 wrote:
- try emptying the tempeary intenet files (start
- internet explorere>goto tools>gotointernet
- options>delete files) Tell me if you are using
- netscape (it's very different).
-
-

2 Intern

• 

18.8K Posts

June 30th, 2001 21:00

Bobby,

I answered you by email (since that's how you asked).Either the JIT compiler setting or the new Microsoft VM should fix the problem.

Want to make a hyperlink in your post, want to add a graphic or sound file, need to troubleshoot a non-working Java applet, want to build an attractive signature? These capabilities can be yours if you visit Denny's DellT@lk Tutorials.
For help in deciding what can be eliminated from your Startup list, take a look here.
Want to get rid of Network Neighborhood, change your Registered Owner name? Check out the little utilities at Delltalk Tweekz.
Ready to sign up for Web server space? Want to learn FTP? Visit Web Presence for Beginners.

Note: I do not answer Instant Messages but I do answer email.
No Events found!