Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2005 15:00

DVI Video Power Save Mode

I have a Dimension 8300 with an Nvidia GeForce 5200 Video Card.   My DVI video stopped working, and my monitor tells me its in power save mode.  when i remove the cable from the computer it says to check cable, as there is no signal. which says to me that the monitor is getting a signal at least.  the VGA part of the card works fine, no power save mode. I figured the DVI part of the card was bad, so I went and purchased a new DVI card.   I get exactly the same message with the new card.  Now im guessing the computer is not sending a signal through the DVI connector to tell the monitor to wake up. Swapped out the monitors to make sure it wasnt the DVI connector on the monitor, and got the same DVI power save message.

Any suggestions would be great. else i guess ill just have to use it in VGA mode.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 23rd, 2005 12:00

jappelbee,

* Power both the monitor and PC off
* Power the monitor on
* Power the PC on
* Press the Input Selection button on the front of the monitor to switch from Dsub VGA to DVI

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2005 12:00

I have tried every combination of powering on and off.   its almost like the bios of the computer is just stuck in DVI sleep mode.  I just dont understand if its receiving a signal from the VGA port of the card, why it also isnt receiving it from the DVI port of the same card
No Events found!