Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2017 10:00

Dell Inspiron 620 dosen't start

Dell Inspiron 5620 start button not working? I had the same problem, and trawled this page,googled everywhere for an answer. None of the  techno answers worked, but I FIXED it! Remove side panel of computer. note.Disclaimer,,Do NOT touch anything that may give you an electric shock!!  I then played a hot hair  dryer on the inside/motherboard etc for about 15 seconds. It then STARTED STRAIGHT AWAY when I pressed the start button!! I though tit must have been a fluke, but three days later it would not start yet again. I tried 6 times, pressing the start button, holding it, etc etc, Dead as a doornail. I then played the haird dyer on it for about 15 seconds. It started again!! NO, I cannot explain it technically, but in my search for solutions NOTHING highly technical worked (updates/resets etc) but this seems to work every time. I now leave the side panel off just in case, and a hair drier  by the desk!!  I have no vested interest in posting this other than to help anyone who was as annoyed and frustrated as me! It may not  work for oyu, as you may indeed have a different problem, but PLEASE try it, as it may help, and B: Maybe Dell will figure out from my post what to REALLY fix! If it DOES work for you, please send any choclaotes. wine, spare women etc to.........:)  Best wishes. Steve

No Responses!
No Events found!