Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2009 03:00

Desperate Plea for Help

So 18 months ago, I was living in Hong Kong and bought specifically bought a DELL inspiron 530 because

a. Great Customer Service...(i'm a serial customer)

b. It's a global Company and I knew I might be moving

I moved to the UK last month and two weeks ago my computer break down with a single beep bios error. Called Dell..cannot help as you have a Asian Service tag number. Change the service tag location they say..do that. Still cannot help. Customer Care send me to technical support ...technical support send me to cutomer care. 40 calls and no joy. try calling asia who give me the numbers for technical support uk. e-mail daily - no answers. try twitter doesnt work. Look all I want is for someone to pick up my computer and repair it. I understand this is a common error but sadly on investigation something that only dell can fix.

is there ANYBODY THERE?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 7th, 2009 15:00

guyabrahams

Unfortunately not, while I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having, but this primarily a user to user, not a user to Dell forum and as this is a warranty problem you will need to contact Dell UK directly.

Bev.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 8th, 2009 16:00

guyabrahams,

Did you try using the Internation Ownership Transfer Form?

Rick

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 8th, 2009 19:00

If you shipped the system from HK to UK, it's possible something got jarred loose inside. Disconnect tthe system from the mains, and press/hold the power button for ~15 sec. Open the case and carefully reseat the RAM modules and PCI cards in their slots. Check that all the cables are securely fastened to their connectors etc.

1 beep at boot means possible motherboard failure, but while you're reseating the cards and cables, pop the battery out of the motherboard. Press/hold the power button on the tower for ~30 sec, and then reinstall the battery, right-side-up. When you're done, close the case and reboot with only mouse, monitor, and keyboard attached.

Ron

No Events found!