Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2010 13:00

Driver Download R105155

I've tried downloading new audio drivers for my Dimension B110 but it keeps giving me errors, corrupt files.

(R105155 exe)

I hope this will fix my problem with my audio, no sound.

881 Posts

September 8th, 2010 13:00

Are you by any chance using or trying to use the Dell Download Manager? If so, that may be the problem! Delete all associated cookies and try again using your browser download.

Jeff :emotion-22:

7 Posts

September 9th, 2010 12:00

Thanks, for the reply.  I've tried your suggestion but same problem. Hope Dell will check and resolve the issue. When I try using my browser download it starts Dell Download Manger. I deleted the download manger but it tries to install it again. Any suggestions?

Thanks again, Charlie

881 Posts

September 9th, 2010 12:00

Same suggestion as in my first post: Delete the cookies from your browser and uninsatll the manager.

Jeff

7 Posts

September 9th, 2010 13:00

I deleted cookies and tried but same thing in the upper post.

Charlie

881 Posts

Another thought. Have you tried uninstalling the sound device, rebooting and let Windows reinstall the driver?

881 Posts

I have been trying to download it .... I get the following message:

The page you are looking for cannot be found and may no longer be available.

Please double check the address you entered and try again

So I don't know what is going on!

7 Posts

September 9th, 2010 14:00

Yes I did that several times and still a no go.

I've got to go out of town but will be back Saturday. If you think of anything else please reply.

Thanks for your help

Charlie

2.6K Posts

September 9th, 2010 18:00

I tried the download, and I'm getting a "we're sorry page".   Been some problems recently with other audio driver downloads as well.

I'll report it to the mods, but in the meantime, why do you need to install the driver?   There may be something else going on - some history behind the problem would help sort it out.

September 10th, 2010 20:00

I tried to download the driver to fix a 'no audio' problem and like you suggested it seemed to work if I did not use the Dell driver, once.  I tried to load what I got but it didn't help so thought I would try to load it again but now  when I try to download it, it says it cannot be found.

September 13th, 2010 09:00

OK, I try that down load every day, I erased all the cookies and i do not use the Dell down loader and the dell site says it (the file) cannot be found.

2.6K Posts

September 13th, 2010 10:00

Just saw a post from a Dell mod that says they're working on it.  There are other driver files affected as well.

Can only hope it will be fixed soon - since  this is just a user forum, we can only report problems and wait.

There may be other sites that have a copy of the driver - but unless it's urgent, I'd be inclined to wait for the official ones.  Some driver download sites can be a bit dodgy.

7 Posts

September 14th, 2010 13:00

Thanks everyone for all the help. I'll wait for Dell to fix the official driver download.  

Charlie

September 17th, 2010 19:00

Still unable to download audio driver.   "550 The system cannot find the file specified. "   Somebody said Dell is working on it?  Just how many weeks does it take to fix a problem.  i suppose if I bought a new Dell I could get any better service???  I wouldn't bet on it.

7 Posts

September 21st, 2010 12:00

I'm also waiting for Dell to fix the R105155 driver download problem. Two weeks and counting

Dell Dimension B110

September 22nd, 2010 10:00

Still no file available.   The error message has changed somewhat however.  I have been on several other forums and have posted problem stating Dell's inability to post a software fix.  I suggest everyone go to forums everywhere and tell about Dell's inaction.  Nothing like a little lost revenue and reputation to get something done.

No Events found!