Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 8th, 2006 01:00

E551c color monitor

I bought my mother a Dell Dimension 2300 about 5 years (?) ago. She opened an attachment and got the Sassor worm..obviously, the computer was never the same. I've taken everything off the hard drive a few times and reloaded it..each time, we've had to re-install a printer driver for the E551c monitor. I finally bought her a new Dell hard drive and installed it and reloaded everything..once again the monitor is not right..can't change the resolution, which is too low to re-install DSL, etc. I downloaded a driver..but when looking at the manual for the E551c, it is only signed for Windows 95, 98, 2000 and NT. Her Dell came loaded with XP Home edition. Is this monitor always going to be problem? It's theone that was included with the system..I'm wondering if this was a mistake from the beginning! Is there another driver that I can download? 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

I'm sure you mistyped when you said printer driver for a monitor. The color and resolution are handled by the video driver, not monitor drivers.
Find out in Hardware Device manager which video card you have and update that driver. Your monitor really doesn't need monitor drivers. Here is your monitor manual-- 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

2 Posts

You are correct..I meant the driver for the monitor. Thanks for the info!
No Events found!