Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2009 01:00

Error DELL 755

Dear Dell Support !

I have a PC DELL 755. When it reboot, it have a notice: " The system management hardware requires a reset.System setup configuration and the date/time require attention after the reset.
Strike the F1 key to continue,F2 to run the setup utility
Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics
"

I had check all hardware, replace battery CMOS, load defalt factory  BIOS .... but not ok. still notice this error.

I want to knows what hardware is error? how to solve this  problem.

Thanks for reply !

<ADMIN NOTE: Email Id Removed Per Privacy Policy>

1 Message

July 3rd, 2012 11:00

I have tried different and it did work!!,

following explains how to reset system management hardware

Press Ctrl-P while booting up

Management Engine will open

use 'admin' as password

you are required to setup a new p/w, do it.

it will prompt and say if you do it will reset, thats what we needs!

then exit,

once restarts, error message disappears!! now you can install os as usual. 

16 Posts

February 9th, 2010 09:00

I just had the same issue. Optiplex 755. Anyone in the Dell community able to shed some light on this?

We would certainly appreciate it.

TIA,

Sam S.

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2010 08:00

I've got an Optiplex 755 exhibiting the same behavior.  Received a warning "System Battery Voltage Low".. so I replaced the motherboard battery (CR2032 3.volts) and on next reboot received the same error damtrung_hp noted (above). Upon trying to boot the system, Windows XP is now BSOD'ing. ;(   ... Going to test the hard drive in another 755,.. assuming that works, I'm not sure what else to do besides submit this unit for a motherboard replacement. (because I'm not finding any software download tools to reset the system management hardware)

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2010 08:00

CHKDSK found no errors on the drive. Pulled hard-drive and tested it in another 755... everything booted fine. Going to submit system for motherboard replacement.

1 Message

August 12th, 2011 08:00

I experienced the same string of events. CMOS battery died. Replaced with new battery. Got the same message at boot up.

"The system management hardware requires a reset.System setup configuration and the date/time require attention after the reset.
Strike the F1 key to continue,F2 to run the setup utility
Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics
"

Resolution:  I found that if I entered the asset tag into the BIOS and saved it, the message went away and system returned to normal.

2 Posts

May 6th, 2013 17:00

Una consulta , yo escribo cualquier contraseña y me muestra mensaje "error intel me password change rejected" , hay algun ejemplo de contraseña que puedo agregar.

te antemano agradesco tu respuesta prontamente.

2 Posts

May 6th, 2013 18:00

abra alguna solución para este problema , intente con todos los resultados  que hay en este post. pero no se arregla el problema. o simplemente ya se daño la placa....???

"El hardware de administración del sistema requiere una configuración setup reset.System y la fecha / hora requieren atención después del Reset.

Presione la tecla F1 para continuar, F2 para ejecutar la utilidad de configuración

Presione F5 para ejecutar el diagnóstico a bordo "

favor de responder si, encontraron alguna solución certera...!!!

1 Message

November 2nd, 2014 14:00

I tried this but using "admin" for password did not work for me. What do I do know? Please help!

1 Message

August 3rd, 2015 13:00

This worked for me thanks.

1 Message

December 7th, 2015 08:00

Hello, I've tried this fix but every dumb password I put in says it's rejected.  I'm able to use the "admin" one to get into the management screen but it won't let me change the password.  Can you tell me what you used or a version of it?  Or do you know the password requirements?  Thanks!!  Ron

3 Posts

March 27th, 2016 14:00

@rmccale

I tried numerous passwords before one was finally accepted, containing:

- 2 upper case alphabetic characters

- 9 lower case alphabetic characters

- 3 numeric characters

- 3 special characters

3 Posts

March 27th, 2016 14:00

rmccale

I tried numerous passwords before one was accepted. The accepted password contained:

- 2 upper case alphabetic characters

- 9 lower case alphabetic characters

- 3 numeric characters

- 3 special characters

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 30th, 2016 06:00

P@$sw0RD!123

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 30th, 2016 13:00

This thread has been locked due to it's age, if you have a similar issue, please use the 'New Post' feature at the top of this page and start a new thread.

Bev. 

No Events found!