Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2012 16:00

How to use factory restore, recovery partition without Ctrl + f11 or restore disks for desktop Dimension 3000

How to use factory restore partition without Ctrl + f11 or restore disks,  because when using  Ctrl + f11  the message says" "cannot restore"":. I do not have any recovery disks & do not want to buy them.

The D: drive which is the factory restore, recovery partition, and all of the files are all still  there which restores the computer to factory state to the C: drive. How can I use this recovery partition to restore my Computer without using  Ctrl + f11 or buying disks?  Please help!

The reason why i have to do this because i get a blue screen every time it starts to boot into Windows XP the logo... yes i have tried to repair XP it but no luck.

Dimension 3000
Service Tag:
[Admin note: Service tag removed per TOU policy]

• 

17K Posts

March 5th, 2012 08:00

tjbuss,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

There have been users that have fixed the restore partition. Below is a foum link with some instructions you can try. If this does not work you will need to get the windows disk and reinstall windows manually.

CNTRL+F11 Will not work using PCRestore

Below are some other links that may help you fix the restore partition.

Fix the Dell Restore Partition

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 5th, 2012 08:00

You should run the Dell diagnostics before trying to install windows or fix anything. Blue screen usually means a hardware failure. No use installing windows if the hard drive or other hardware has failed. Include the extended hard drive test when you run the diagnostics. That must be selected manually to test the hard drive.

No Events found!