Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2009 21:00

Inspirion or Studio??

I bought a new Dell Inspirion but the moniter would not come out of 'safe mode' so I traded it in on another Inspirion.  That one wouldn't work either for the same reason.  So Dell sent me a Studio Slim with the same BIOS.  Can anyone tell me if the Inspirion is better (when it works?)  In other words, did I get a bad deal here?

Thank you,

Dachs4me

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 20th, 2009 21:00

I bought a new Dell Inspirion but the moniter would not come out of 'safe mode' so I traded it in on another Inspirion.  That one wouldn't work either for the same reason.  So Dell sent me a Studio Slim with the same BIOS.  Can anyone tell me if the Inspirion is better (when it works?)  In other words, did I get a bad deal here?

Thank you,

Dachs4me

dachs4me

Cannot say, as there are several versions of the Inspiron, you need to post both the Computer models and their configuration.

Was the Inspiron, a Mini Tower, or the Slim version?

Bev.

3 Posts

October 21st, 2009 11:00

Hello,    My Inspirion and Studio had pretty much the same specs.  Mine is a Studio Slim; 8G BDDR2 SDRAM AT 800MHZ; 16X  DVD+/rw drive.  I guess, all in all, I was thinking the Inspirion was the better brand yet when they traded with me, they sent A Studio Slim and I'm wondering why.  Can you tell me what you think?

Dachs4me

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 21st, 2009 12:00

dachs4me

A number of the Inspiron models have been discontinued by Dell, if your model was one of these, then Dell will supply another PC that's is equal, or better than the unit being replaced.

The Studio and Inspiron models are compatible, see HERE

Bev.

3 Posts

October 21st, 2009 12:00

Bev,   Thank you so much for that answer, it sets my mind more at rest now.  What I had was an Inspiron 546s

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 21st, 2009 13:00

dachs4me

You are welcome and enjoy your new PC.

Bev.

No Events found!