Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

November 29th, 2017 15:00

Inspiron 5675 - Ryzen 5 1400

I have the Inspiron 5675 with the R5 1400 and RX580 8GB. Has anyone had any luck using Ryzen Master?

I can get a stable OC at 3.7 without needing to mess with voltage. Just wanted to do a quick boost. No issues. No overheating. However despite saving it and applying it, not matter what it defaults back to base after a reboot. I have disabled Fast Boot, updated BIOS, updated chipset drivers, and reinstalled RM. Nothing. It only works when applied after a power cycle.

Any tips or suggestions?

I've read multiple posts about the success with the Dell stock MOBO and Ryzen Master on the 1700X but nothing on the 1400 besides a couple youtube videos. One thing I've noticed is that it never prompts me to restart after applying a change. I find that odd. 

2.3K Posts

November 29th, 2017 17:00

Did Ryzen Master come with the Dell Computer or did you download it from AMD?  I wasn't aware you could OC the 5675 which if its locked would be half the problem.  

EDIT - I just noticed a post I responded to.  Dell does not support overclocking thus the BIOS would be locked down.  Any software OC ability like what Ryzen Master seems to do would be wiped out during reboot as you noticed.  Unless Dell unlocks the BIOS to allow OC, I don't know of any way to make it stick.  

No Events found!