Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2017 16:00

Inspiron 7459 built-in speakers rumbling on low notes

When I first got my PC, the sound quality was absolutely atrocious (no bass present at all) so I did a few tweaks which gave me a bit more bass and some of that low range.

But when I play anything that has low notes or is bass boosted, I hear rumbling sounds from the speakers as if they're broken, and it's just frustrating to listen music on because I'm always having to hear rumbling in the background.  

I tried plugging in external speakers, same issue with the rumbling on low notes.

What could be causing the rumbling problem or could it be that my speakers are faulty?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

March 24th, 2017 16:00

Were you able to fix this? Try reloading the driver here and if this doesn't correct it perhaps try diags on the system here Have you tried headphones as well?

Best regards,

Brad

47 Posts

April 28th, 2017 02:00

I've already tried those steps but nothing has improved, It doesn't rumble on headphones though but the internal speakers itself still does. There's far too much bass and treble distortion when turning the volume up to max as well.

The diagnostics say the sound card is functioning normally.

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

May 1st, 2017 14:00

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with the system. Thanks for the updates, let me see if I can find something else we can try. 

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!