Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2012 11:00

Memory upgrade for Precision T3600

I placed an order for a new precision T3600 and am now looking for 3rd party RAM upgrade. I get many options on Crucial website, and not sure which one to choose. All I know it has to be registered ECC DDR3 memory. Will both single and double ranked ECC RDIMMs work? How about x4 vs. x8 based? Also, does it support both 1.5V and 1.35V modules? There is not much information on T3600 system since it is so new. Even Dell's memory selector does not have an option for T3600 yet. Thank you!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 7th, 2012 12:00

Hi PetroSI,

Use the Crucial system scanner and they will recommend exactly what you need, and they guarantee it to work with your system!

2 Posts

July 7th, 2012 15:00

Thanks Ospray! I did that and they give a lot of options, including both 1.35 and 1.5V, single and double ranked dimms. This probably means that all of the above can be used, and I know that if it does not work I can return it, however, I would like to avoid the hassle, and also to know what will work better/faster.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 8th, 2012 05:00

You could call them up and ask.

3 Posts

September 21st, 2012 16:00

You can use parts for your dell to lookup upgrades for your system, keep your order number as they will warrantied by the system warranty then there is a lifetime manufacturers warranty.

Here is the link for US parts for your dell

=

No Events found!