Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2016 06:00

OptiPlex 790 - Diagnostic LEDs vs ePSA pre-boot System Assessment

Diagnostic LEDs indicate two problems:

1) LEDs 1 and 2 are on, power button is blue. *

2) LEDs 1,3,4 are one, power button is blue. **

However ePSA pre-boot System Assessment states that everything is fine. And everything seems to be working properly. This leaves me confused, is something wrong or not?

*) Problem Description: A possible expansion card failure has occurred.

Troubleshooting:

• Determine if a conflict exists by removing an expansion card (not a graphics card) and restarting
the computer.

-- There is no other expansion cards than graphics card, which seems to be working just fine.

• If the problem persists, reinstall the card you removed, then remove a different card and restart
the computer.

• Repeat this process for each expansion card installed. If the computer starts normally, troubleshoot the last card removed from the computer for resource conflicts.

**) Problem Description: A possible system board resource and/or hardware failure has occurred.

Troubleshooting:

• Clear CMOS.

• Disconnect all internal and external peripherals, and restart the computer. If the computer boots,
add the peripheral cards back one by one until you find the bad one.

• If the problem persists, the system board / system board component is faulty.

2 Posts

January 9th, 2016 14:00

Apparently the diagnose that the LEDs are used to indicate is not always the same. It changed when I did not have any USP-devices connected. When I connected them back, got the good old messages mentioned above.

If everything is working, as apparently is, could these diagnoses be due the PSU not providing enough power at the start-up? (There is an additional SSD and GPU in the system.) Or does anyone have any ideas of other potential sources?

No Events found!