Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2006 15:00

Power Failure / Now Problems

Last night during a process that I was running a System Mechanic Defrag, I had a power outage due to weather.

When I started the system this AM, I had to reset to a Previous Configuration setting in order to get the system to work.  Now it appears to be working, BUT I now don't have INTERNET ACCESS via OUTLOOK or INTERNET EXPLORER.  Everything else appears to be fine. 

I reloaded Microsoft Office (Outlook) but I still can't get any access.  I am using another computer to log this problem.  Using the same MODEM and cables on a different computer works.  So I know it is not the INTERNET ISP or Hardware.

Can anyone give me more things to check to fix this problem????

Thanks!!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 19th, 2006 17:00

You might have had a power surge that zapped your hardware and requires rebooting the equipment to reset the network. Do you have UPS power supply protection? Do you know how to reboot your dsl modem and router? Your BellSouth support should help. Here's how--Turn off everything, unplug the router and the modem. Then--plug in the modem first, wait 2 minutes, then plug in the router, wait and then turn on the computer. Stop reinstalling programs until you get the hardware up and running & make sure nothing is damaged.

55 Posts

July 19th, 2006 17:00

Also reloaded the Bellsouth program for DSL.  It doesn't seem to find the modem, but it works fine on the other system.  I'm going to uninstall and try to reinstall it again.

The only problem seems to be with the ability to access the INTERNET and OUTLOOK. 

Any suggestions?  Any diagonistics I can run??

HELP!!
No Events found!