Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2015 17:00

XPS 8700 broken out of the box

Just got a souped up 8700 off of ebay- transferred ownership and I have premium support.  When I opened the box, I felt something loose and found the CPU fan and its sleeve laying in the cabinet.  When I called tech support I was asked a million questions- I am holding the fan and sleeve in my hand- duh!  They even made me plug in the computer- to prove "CPU FAN FAILURE" on bootup and then had me go into the bios!  So finally they agree to send/have ervice tech call me.  Tech calls last Friday- says he will call back Monday and come over to install new fan.  I wait all day Monday- I track repair on website- Dell refers me over to FEDEX where it states part is in Tampa and has not been picked up.  I call Dell to find out why part was never picked up and Dell tells me Fedex probably needs to update status on their website.  Come 6PM I call Dell and I am told service has been delayed.  Today is Tuesday- I wait all day and again no service.  Every time I call Dell I am on hold and have give various service tag numbers, etc- finally a Unisys rep calls me and promises to come tomorrow- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE- WHO EVEN CARES-WHAT ABOUT MY CONTRACT THAT PROMISES NEXT BUSINESS DAY ONSITE SUPPORT??????  Anyone else with similar issues?

1.2K Posts

August 25th, 2015 19:00

was the box factory sealed?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 25th, 2015 21:00

And if a system has been "souped up", Dell typically requires you to restore it to the factory condition with all their original parts before they provide warranty service.

You should go back to whoever sold it to you on eBay and get a full refund...

No Events found!