Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 31st, 2006 18:00

help newbe here no sound help

hi all,go slow as i said i am a newbe to all this lingo.
ok i bought this dell dimension xps t550 all basic and original i am told,on e bay went to the guys house to pick up all looked ok,
only problem i cant get sound,it gives me a code 28 no driver,i looked thru the disks provided
but only have 1 floppy that says windows 98,and a set of disks for works 2000?what ever these are?8+cds?  and one floppy that says rescue disc with some hand writing on it?
every thing else seems ok,can get on line,etc,in the history there were a lot of drivers removed what they may have done i have no idea,
where or how can i get a driver?i looked on dells site for hours no luck,

THANK YOU ANY HELP OR LINKS IS GREATLY APPRECITED,
o ya it has windows 98

6.4K Posts

June 1st, 2006 14:00

You can find the drivers for your system with Win 98 here:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P03_XPS_T___&os=W98&osl=EN#

For the audio, your XPS T550 has an onboard Yamaha chip.  Use the Yamaha driver IF you do not have a sound card.  If your computer has a sound card you will need to figure out which one you have and download the appropriate driver.

Windows 98 was provided on a CD.  The floppy disk is a start-up disk that is used to begin installation of Windows or to start the computer in the event of a problem.

Works 2000 is a productivity package that includes a word processor, spreadsheet, and I think a data base program.

No Events found!