Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2008 20:00

slow keyboard...making me crazy!!

when I press any key on my keyboard it takes holding it down for it to appear. I have a slow key response. I have tried changing it and no matter how fast I change it to or which keyboard I use, it still happens.Can anyone please help me?????

151 Posts

October 28th, 2008 01:00

Try another working keyboard from another computer. If that one works better, buy a new keyboard, if not maybe it's in the software.

51 Posts

October 28th, 2008 11:00

It is also possible that this is a software related issue. I mean, something is running in the backgroud that is why there is a delay when you are typing something. try to boot up into safe mode. (restart computer then Hit F8 while you are on the Dell logo then choose safe mode) If it works just fine on the safe mode, try to disable some start ups and services. (start - run - msconfig. Go to start up tab, disable all. Go to services, put a check on hide all microsoft services, then disable all remaining services) That way, you will be able to isolate which program is causing this problem.

Hope this one helps.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 28th, 2008 17:00

How have you tried changing the speed?

Have you scanned for malware lately?

Open Task Manager (ctrl-alt-del) and click Processes tab. Look in CPU column to see if anything is hogging CPU time (aside from System Idle Process).

Ron

Message Edited by RoHe on 10-28-2008 11:52 AM
No Events found!