Unsolved

JW

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

January 28th, 2023 08:00

Disable SafeBIOS

Heya folks,

Got a few new Latitude 5530's that I want to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 - They're outlet machines that came with Dell SafeBIOS. 

When I first got them - If I put a USB stick in, either USB C or USB 3 ports, the machines would go in a boot cycle, and restart - even if it was waiting to go in to BIOS or Boot choice (i.e. hitting F2 or F12) 

I booted the machines up to Windows 11 to get a BIOS update, thinking this would change the behaviour, but now the machines turn off, instead of going in to a boot loop - even if you've hit F2 or F12. 

Can anyone advise where I go to disable whatever this is? I can't find anything in the BIOS itself that stands out ?

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

October 11th, 2023 16:46

I'm having a similar issue, we ordered Lattitude 5540's not sure what this safeBios but it's making PXE booting Via KACE impossible due to drivers needed in the KACE PBE.  Even using the integrated thunderbolt adapter is not successfully booting. 

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

February 13th, 2024 16:37

2024.02.13 - Just updated bios via regular MS update, now when the DELL emblem displays during boot I get to see "Secured by Dell SafeBios". I dislike clutter and would greatly prefer this message not display. When will DELL learn that people don't like annoyances. Remove it on the next update. I seriously will rollback the safety to get rid of this message.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

July 11th, 2024 02:35

Found solution with Dell Support.  BIOS / Storage / RAID was configured.  Changed that to ACHI.  Rebooted and now Win11 will let me see the local hard drive to load Win and wipe the system.

No Events found!