This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2009 07:00

EMC World

Hi,

Last year we had a number of events at EMC World to celebrate EMC Proven Professionals:

• EMC Proven Professional Appreciation Day / Raffle
  • Knowledge Sharing Awards Ceremony
  • EMC Proven Professional Technology Tour (Proven Professionals were given exclusive access to the EMC booth an hour before the floor opened)
  • Free golf shirts

What did you like, what didn’t work well, and what would you like to see? Also, are you planning to go to EMC World this year?

18 Posts

February 3rd, 2009 11:00

My name is Lynn Ragan and I will be attending EMC World again this year. I'm looking forward to it.  Didn't they also hand out some sort of badge identifier for Proven Professional as well - some kind of extra sticker or ribbon that was attached to your name badge? I thought that was the case. In any event, that would be helpful in the sense that when you approach a Presenter, they know you are looking to discuss at a deeper level the topic at hand.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,

82 Posts

February 3rd, 2009 11:00

Hello Lynn,

Thanks very much for your comments here. Very glad to hear that you will be attending EMC World. We look forward to meeting your (Jill who started this discussion should be there as well). So you have been to EMC World, great. How many times? Last year I think they did a ribbon for proven professionals. In any event your insight is spot on, and we will make sure that some soft of identification occurs for you and your Proven Professional colleagues.

We welcome ANY input into what you think will make your experience better at the show particularly related to Proven Professional, the exams, access to program managers, the awards for knowlege sharing etc. It's your show, and we want to make it work for you.

While there, we will be promoting this community as well (we are just getting started). If you have any suggestions on how to do that, again we welcome your input. Meanwhile please let your friends in the industry know about us.

Regards,

Charles

Community Manager

546 Posts

February 6th, 2009 04:00

Just to get eveyone in the mood --- the EMC World organizers have created a Facebook Group, a LinkedIn Group, and a Twitter account for this year's EMC World. The main page is here.

In the Facebook Group they have been posting videos from last year.

No Events found!