Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2014 22:00

Some more Interview questions:

Where can we find repository Logs?

Scenario of Workflow issue:

active workflow -> auto activity is enabled -> not available in user's Inbox (how to trouble shoot this)

How to trouble Job related issues?

When the Documentum performance is slow, how it is troubleshooted?

February 17th, 2014 23:00

I guess all these questions are related to troubleshooting so...

Where can we find repository Logs?

$DOCUMENTUM/dba/logs and subdirs

Scenario of Workflow issue:

active workflow -> auto activity is enabled -> not available in user's Inbox (how to trouble shoot this)

Check logs in JMS ($DOCUMENTUM/jbossXXX/server/DctmServer/log

How to trouble Job related issues?

Enable tracing, check JMS logs, check Job reports.

When the Documentum performance is slow, how it is troubleshooted?

LOL.

Thank for the answer Alvaro de Andres. The last answer was very insulting. I have different area of knowledge in Documentum, whereas get lot of interview calls in Infra areas for which i am seeking basic answers. So if the question looks silly , please correct me instead of making fun.

449 Posts

I wasn't insulting you, that question is waaaaaaaay too complex to give a detailed answer without more info.

I bet they expect smth. like: "Restart everything you able to restart, and do never ever think that documentum is slow"

Sorry if was harsh.  Thanks a lot for the answers. Hope you mentor me more in future. Thanks a lot for understanding.

I wasn't insulting you, that question is waaaaaaaay too complex to give a detailed answer without more info. Documentum performance is slow? You'll have to check everything, from the filesystem to the network, including the hw, every single log in the system (documentum logs, os logs, database logs, application server logs, any .log file in the system that can give you a clue )

No Events found!