Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2017 05:00

CCTK.exe The required BIOS interfaces cannot be found on this system

Morning Folks,

So I'm trying to create an SCCM Task Sequence that will update all the OptiPlex 7040 BIOS in the company.

The issue I'm facing whilst trying to test the CCTK.exe locally is that I get the following error on my test system "The required BIOS interfaces cannot be found on this system"

To clarify, below is the order I'm doing stuff;

Copy the required files locally to the machine.

Installing HAPI drivers using the .bat script that came in the folder. There's no errors and it looks like they install fine.

Then navigating to the CCTK.exe using the command window which has been launched as admin.

When I hint enter I get the "The required BIOS interfaces cannot be found on this system" error

I've already tried to uninstall the HAPI drivers using the uninstall.bat, rebooting and trying the process again but with no joy.

I'm testing with; Dell command configure v3.2.0, A Dell OptiPlex 7040 with the latest bios version 1.6.5 running windows 7 x64

Please Help! thank you

1 Message

September 5th, 2017 15:00

I ran into the same thing recently.  It only affected our Windows 7 machines (like you), but worked fine with Windows 10.  I thought I might test an older version of cctk, but found that it has been updated to v3.3.  Tried that and working now.  Possibly part of the fix mentioned here: en.community.dell.com/.../7532.dell-command-configure

The following fixes are made for 3.2.0 A00 only. 

• Removed dependency on MSVCR110.dll and MSVCP110.dll in 32-bit application.
  • Missing HAPI driver libraries issue for CLI alone installation has been resolved.
  • Error codes are retained same as 3.1 release.

No Events found!