Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2016 04:00

Clear TPM during deployment

Hi everyone,

I have already searched several hours through the Net and here to find a suitable solution to clear the TPM automatically during deployment without User Input or at least with a stable User Input. But I didnt.  We have a batch of new Dell Laptops (E3570, E6570 etc.) with TPM2.0 Modules where  tested the followin scenario. I have set via the Command & Configure Tool the TPM active and enabled these options:

tpmppiacpi

tpmppidpo

tpmppipo

sucessfully. If i now clear the TPM with a powershell script, reboot the machine, a BIOS prompt appear that for clear action F12 is needed to press.

So far so good, we could live with this. But in the test I found out if you leave this screen for approx. 5Minutes at this BIOS prompt the machine will boot into windows with not cleared the TPM. At the next reboot the BIOS prompt will ask again for the clear operation of the TPM. This isn´t suitable for us because we can´t guarantee that a technican is always in front of the devices during deployment and after this boot into windows all other deployment steps will try to continue but will fail because TPM hasn´t been cleared. My question is: Is there are solution to clear the TPM with out userinteraction at all or to prevent the continued boot after 5min inactive time at the BIOS prompt?

I have also seen in a blog post from 2014 that supposedly the TPM will be cleared if you run the parameter --sysdefaults=reset with the Dell Command & Configure tool. I have spoken to our Dell Pro support and they were unsure about this but said normally this won´t happen. Maybe someone can clarify this here also?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

September 26th, 2016 08:00

*** BENNI-IT,

Did you ever resolve this issue?  I am also looking for a solution to this problem.

3 Posts

October 10th, 2016 03:00

Sorry, was on holiday.

No, unfortunately not yet. Have you found out something new?

15 Posts

October 19th, 2016 13:00

We have made it work for no input at all. Only thing that the BIOS needs, on a new machine, is to enable the thunderbolt stuff (on 7370).   On a rebuild, nothing needs to be done, it will clear out the TPM stuff and reset everything.

Direct message me if you would like to know what I did.

3 Posts

October 20th, 2016 07:00

Hi anati,

This sounds great. I will contact you...

1 Message

January 23rd, 2018 07:00

Hey my name is Rodney Johnson and we’re looking to do exactly what you needed to do and that’s reset TPM, clear it, so we can upgrade it without any user interaction. Did he give you instructions on how you could do so? If so, I would greatly like to know

1 Message

February 28th, 2018 07:00

hello we are trying to do this as part of our zero touch imaging process, how did you do it?

1 Message

April 11th, 2018 04:00

Hi,

Could you please share the resolution?

Regards,

Craig

4 Posts

June 6th, 2018 18:00

Hi there,

I have sent you a message to find out how you did it, please can you share with the thread as well.

November 20th, 2020 05:00

Hello

I know this is a old post. But we need to implement the same in our environment for all the Dell models. Can you share the details and the implementation process. 

May 16th, 2022 23:00

is there a solution here to share?

No Events found!