Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2011 06:00

DCCU Partially failed - what the?

A few days ago I came across this wonderful resource center, good work guys! It's been usefull in many ways for us deploying Windows 7 on our Dell clients.

Right now we are in the Beta phase and I'm trying to get DCCU to work on a Latitude E4310.

From what I've read about the tool, making a Bios Settings Package (settings.exe), sounds really easy and it is when I try to make one. But here's where I'm banging my head against the wall. After the creation of the settings package and copying it to the test-client, I'm running it as an Administrator and the TaskResults.xml give me this output:

- - -

What I'm concerned about is the partially failed part. What's wrong? The only setting that I've changed in the package is the boot order and enabled some devices.

Does anybody have some light to share about this problem?

Thanks in advance.

/Nickolaj

1.1K Posts

March 29th, 2011 07:00

Are you enabling a device that may not be present on the test system (like a floppy)? That may explain the "partially failed" return code.

Thanks,

Warren

8 Posts

March 31st, 2011 01:00

"Are you enabling a device that may not be present on the test system (like a floppy)? That may explain the "partially failed" return code.

Thanks,

Warren"
Thanks for your answer Warren. Actually when I think of it now we don't have any DVD-ROMs in those E4310, and I tried to enable that. Doh!

I'll give it another go and see if it works better now that I know this.

Regards,
Nickolaj

8 Posts

April 1st, 2011 05:00

Works great now!
No Events found!