Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2011 08:00

Driver CABs for Latitude E6420 (A00) and OptiPlex 990 (A00).

A number of x86 drivers (Video, LAN, Wireless,...) in these CABs won't install on Windows 7 SP1 with MDT or SCCM. When installed manually Windows complains about signing. I had to replace them with single download versions which work fine. I don't understand how these passed testing. x64 drivers are OK.

1.1K Posts

May 19th, 2011 14:00

Are you checking the "all un-signed driver installation...." checkbox on your "apply driver package" task sequence items? Some driver signing can be broken in the scrub and compile process that is done to trim the size of the drivers.

4 Posts

June 7th, 2011 07:00

Thanks for the reply, I was just notified of it by Dell TechCenter (17 days after you posted). Anyway, I am not using "Apply Driver Package", I am using "Auto Apply Drivers".

1.1K Posts

June 7th, 2011 13:00

Sorry about the late notification, we had a backlog of notifications that have just cleared.

If you are using Auto-Apply Drivers, you should group them with Categories to ensure that drivers that may support other OS's or architectures are not applied.

4 Posts

June 8th, 2011 08:00

Yes, I have them grouped in categories and they are not installing. Like I said, even if I try to install them manually, Windows refuses to install them.

Are you saying that you validated these drivers (after "scrub and compile") and that they should be working?

1.1K Posts

June 8th, 2011 11:00

Yes, the driver Cab team validates them, but not with Auto-Apply as that is not the Dell recommended method for driver deployment since it is difficult to identify the source of driver problems when Auto-Apply is used.

There is a known issue with the Nvidia driver, but the others should install.

1.1K Posts

August 29th, 2011 23:00

No Events found!