Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2010 03:00

E6410 - Configure middle buttons

The middle button right next to the spacebar does not seem to be configureble via the Dell Touchpad configuration. The config window doesn't even show there to be a middle button but instead offers to configure simultanous clicks on l+r button as middle button. However, the middle button seems to work since it activates webpage scroll.

I need to reconfigure the middle button to plain 'middle click' action, so that the Firefox browser will open/close tabs when using the middle button, rather than start the annoying scroll.

How do I achieve that?

25 Posts

September 8th, 2010 09:00

I have done some research, and from what I can tell there is no way to change the use of this button.

I think Dell should look at an update to allow you to change the function of that Button. On the other hand if you have the default setup with the mouse, you can hit the Left and Right Mouse button at the same time, this will then invoke a middle click. You need to use the bottom buttons, the top row will not work this way. Hopefully Dell allows you to Tweak the 3 tops buttons in time to come.

1 Message

December 16th, 2013 09:00

2 years late but...

In case you didn't know, the Dell Pointing Devices Software can configure the middle button. I am using version 8.1200.101.127 on my Latitude E6410. To configure the middle button:

- Install the software

- Run it by double-clicking the notification area icon

- At the top of the window there should be 3 pictures of touchpad, pointstick and mouse respectively. Click the pointstick image.

- Click to buttons and you will have the option to assign an action to the middle button (mine was set to stick scroll by default).

Hope it helps :)

2 Posts

September 29th, 2020 12:00

Searched far and wide without finding anything to enable the middle button, but this is a workaround:

"How to middle click on a laptop touchpad": https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/26552/stupid-geek-tricks-use-both-laptop-mouse-buttons-to-simulate-middle-click/

No Events found!