Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2013 13:00

Latitude E6440 Driver issues after imaging (SCCM OSD)

Hi All, 

I was not sure where to turn anymore, as this issue I have been experiencing does not seem to be solvable by Dells customer service reps yet. I figured I would give this forum a try since it has helped me in the past. 

My Current setup: I am using SCCM 2007 to image all Dell computers for the last 2 years. My task sequences are simple and efficient for our needs. I am able to image Optiplex 745, 755, 960, 990, 9010, 9020, 9030 and Latitude E6400, E6410, E6420, E6430s without an issue. I use the driver CAB files located here on this site, inject them into SCCM Driver package process and based of a simple query, the drivers get installed on the correct model. 

Everything was working fine and dandy until we heard that we could not get the E6430's anymore. We decided to get a test model for the next version E6440, so we can image and check out drivers etc. Standard operating procedure. After battling with a few imaging issues (needed new driver framework injected into .WIM), I was able to successfully get the computer to behave like all of our other models. When I log into the machine, I am bombarded with the following warnings:

It happens every time I log into the machine these pop up. It doesn't matter if I uncheck the "always ask" or click next. It happens for every user as well, about 8 or 9 in total. I know I can remove these in the RUN registry directory, but I do not want my workstation techs to do that. These drivers have been "touch free" for all other models in the past.

So after speaking with Dell Chat Rep, he said that the CAB's may not be bug free as of yet. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Is there anything that can be done to help continue automation on this? Was there a major overhaul with these models? Is this really a driver issue? I have 600+ laptops that will be ordered soon, I want to ensure they are spotless!!

the following items are noted in the pop-ups:

IGFXTRAY.exe

HKEMD.EXE

IGFXPERS.exe

REALTEKAUDIO.exe

DELLTPAD

Thanks for all the help in advance. 

Mike.

5 Posts

February 3rd, 2014 12:00

For anyone insterested in getting rid of these pop-ups (quick fix) I have found deleting the following registy keys works:

Delete all keys located in this folder (I believe there is 1 key that will not delete, which is OK)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

I know this is a quick fix, but I FINALLY got approval to upgrade to 2012, which is supposed to fix all these driver signing issues apparently. Let the fun begin.

1 Message

March 12th, 2014 06:00

Hi John

Would you have a link to the driver you used. I have downloaded the windows 8.1 driver but it is not working. 

Thanks

Geoff 

10 Posts

May 9th, 2014 07:00

In regards to the NIC issue - we're using MDT2012 Update 1 to deploy Windows 7x64. We needed to load the Windows 8.0 NIC driver into WinPE for the E6440 notebook to recognize the network. I believe that the WinPE version (and therefore the driver requirements) are based on which version of MDT you use. The error message we were receiving specifically indicated a driver was needed for: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153A&SUBSYS_05BD1028_REV_04 I downloaded the WinPE V4 Cab (A03 9NCGV ) from here: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/4376.winpe-4-0-driver-cab.aspx Once I had the CAB file downloaded I extracted it to a folder with WinZip and then searched for 05BD1028. Since only one INF file came up in the search I only loaded the driver files from that sub folder: "WinPE4.0-Drivers-A03-9NCGV\winpe\x64\network\72FNC_A00-00\WINDOWS8-x64" A rebuild of the deployment share and upload of the new boot file to the WDS server confirmed that the NIC driver is now working.

1 Message

August 6th, 2015 21:00

Hi Madmac15,

We are experiencing the same exact issue as yours and was wondering how you injected the NIC drivers  e1d3x64 driver (prowin32.exe file) into the boot image. Also, we use SCCM 2012. We are trying to build a Win 7 machine and it wont get to the task sequence part and reboots itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance

No Events found!