Highlighted

MDT 2013 Windows 7 Enterprise error while sysprep - "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error."

Hi

i have a problem with staging Windows 7 Enterprise x86 and x64 version (by the way, Windows 7 Professional x86 and x64 works like a charm). Here are some informations regarding my environment:

• Server:                      Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
  • MDT Version:          Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 (6.2.5019.0)
  • Clients:                     Dell Latitude xxxx (error logs and messages in this threat are from an Dell Latitude E7450)

The strange thing is that sometimes the installation works without any problem (about 30%) but mostly the installation fails with following error message while sysprep (so on first reboot after installation):

i did a lot of reseach but without any success:

• added patch KMDF-1.11 with dism to the .wim image
  • added patch UMDF-1.11 with dism to the .wim image
  • added patch KMDF-1.11 to "Packages" in MDT
  • added patch UMDF-1.11 to "Packages" in MDT
  • HKLM/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion Setup.exe set to 3 but then sysprep is not completed successfully

here is the setupact.log

If you need anymore informations feel free to ask me about it. I hope you can help me with this problem.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CallCarlK
1 Copper

RE: MDT 2013 Windows 7 Enterprise error while sysprep - "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error."

I’m testing my SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 OSD Deployments. The e5550_e5550 works fine with Windows 10 and Win 7 Pro, but anytime I try Win 7 Enterprise x86/x64 I get the same error. I’m going to try different drivers. Did you ever resolve the issue?

Going to recapture my image again I think last time I didn’t have W7E SP1.

0 Kudos

RE: MDT 2013 Windows 7 Enterprise error while sysprep - "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error."

I know, that if you disable all patches, everything works fine.

But if you enable one or more patches the error appears. That is everything i know about it but i have no clue what is causing the problem. I am pretty sure that the problem isn't patch related because at the time you activate one or more the installation crashes.

0 Kudos