Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2011 11:00

txtsetup.oem

When I try to export a Dell driver cab (E6410 for example), SCCM (2007 R3), the only driver file it finds is txtsetup.oem unless I point to each inf singlely OR rename txtsetup.oem. However, when I import txtsetup.oem, it does pull all the driver files into the package. So I am wondering, should I just be importing txtsetup.oem or should I be importing that along with all other infs in the directory?

Thanks much for your help.

12 Posts

March 1st, 2011 13:00

I am trying to import all of the drivers (not just the mass storage). So is it safe for me to re-name the txtsetup.oem so SCCM will recognize the other infs (rather than importing them individually) since I have the txtsetup.oem imported? Thanks!

1.1K Posts

March 1st, 2011 13:00

txtsetup.oem is only for the mass storage driver, not the entire driver cab. Is the mass storage driver the extent of your issue, or are you trying to import the entire cab?

1.1K Posts

March 1st, 2011 14:00

How did you extract the CAB file? Is it in a folder structure? It almost sounds like you have all the files in one folder.

12 Posts

March 2nd, 2011 05:00

Yes, I have been extraxting the cab files into one folder and trying to do a mass import from there. Do you recomend something different? Thanks.

1.1K Posts

March 2nd, 2011 06:00

If you use Winzip it should extract into a proper folder structure with the drivers separated out in separate folders within that folder structure. The txtsetup.oem shouldn't give you problems if it is extracted that way.

12 Posts

March 2nd, 2011 07:00

Thanks Warren, that was the problem. I was using the Windows cmd prompt and "expand". Thanks much for your help.

1.1K Posts

March 2nd, 2011 08:00

Glad to help!
No Events found!