Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2008 14:00

Documentum e-Room

I have a problem using this tool: when I select an item (clicking over a file or folder check box), click over an action (copy) and try to paste it using the contextual menu, I get the paste option disabled. How can I solve this? I tried installing the client I downloaded from EMC's support page, but it was useless. I will thank any help you can provide.

4 Posts

October 8th, 2008 23:00

Hi,
You right click on the file or folder icon, and select copy? Where are you trying to paste the content? In eRoom? Are you able to paste the content on your desktop instead of eRoom? Make sure you actually have the rights to store content.

305 Posts

October 9th, 2008 21:00

Hector, are you sure that you don't qualify to be a customer - I can see many other users with your email address. If you register fully with Powerlink you'll be able to see the correct forums to post questions into.
Julie
Forums Admin

3 Posts

October 10th, 2008 14:00

Hi Julie.

I get an e-mail from EMC with the message below:

YOUR POWERLINK ACCOUNT IS NOW READY TO ACTIVATE.
We are pleased to inform you that your Powerlink account has been updated with full access privileges.

Does this mean the same that you are telling me? Otherwise, how can I get fully registered to Powerlink?

3 Posts

October 10th, 2008 14:00

Hi wittwdan, and tanks for your reply.

I will tell you what i am doing: I left click on the check box of a file or folder in eRoom, so i get checked that item; then I click the copy option from the menu at the bottom of the page. Afterwards, I try to paste what I copied placing the mouse pointer over a folder locally created in my laptop's desktop, right clicking on it and selecting the paste option, but that option is disabled in the contextual menu. Is this consequence of the permissions I was granted to? Or is it due to a plug-in malfunction? Thanks in advance.

305 Posts

October 12th, 2008 14:00

Hector,
Yes you are now fully registered! Next time you come to the forums you should be able to see all the product areas and lists of forums including an eRoom forum.

If not contact me directly at forums-support@emc.com

Julie
Forums Admin

4 Posts

October 13th, 2008 00:00

I would suggest that you simply right click on the icon for the file, and select "copy" from the blue eRoom menu. Then open your desktop folder and from the rightclick menu see if you can select paste. You could also try to drag and drop the file to your desktop.
No Events found!