Nobby1
1 Nickel

EMC RecoverPoint File System Replication in Windows 2000/2003 best Practice

Does anyone know where to find "EMC RecoverPoint File System Replication in Windows 2000/2003 best Practices" as mentioned in the recoverpoint admin guide, Ive had no luck so far and am having issues with the failover of a windows 2003 exchange cluster which I am looking for help on?

4 node cluster all boot from SAN, each in their own consistency group using Kdriver
2 x exchange virtual resources each in their own consistency group. each with 8 disks, 4 x Logs and 4 x exchange storage groups.
The nodes failover OK but I am having problems with the exchange virtual resources, with inconsistant errors, disk signatures not matching, sometimes the whole consistency group will fail, a full sweep is then required as all but the pre-initialisation image is lost.

May be the failover process I am using hence the search of the document, although all primary servers are powered down prior to failover.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: EMC RecoverPoint File System Replication in Windows 2000/2003 best Practice

Hi Nobby,

Greeting for the day.

It seems the document which you are looking is very older version of Recoverpoint(RP 2.3). Can you confirm your current version and still you are looking for that document? Thank you.

Cheers!!!

Suresh Thirumalaisamy

Technical Support Engineer

Worldwide Technical Support - Virtualization Technologies Support Group

Office Hours: Tue-Sat, 21:00 to 04:00 hrs EST

Phone            : (US Tollfree)1-800-782-4362 || Extn 25083

Email               : Suresh_Thirumalaisamy@emc.com

0 Kudos