Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 10th, 2008 05:00

EOL of CX3

Hi, I recently bought a CX3 CX3-20 for my job, 1 month ago, but some peoples are saying the EOL of CX3 series is in 12/2008 , this is true?

If its true, i dont have support after this date? what I have to do?

Thanks a lot.

regards,
Eduardo Trombini

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 10th, 2008 06:00

you can find this information here:

Home > Support > Interoperability and Product Lifecycle Information > Release and End of Life Dates

CX3-20 is listed as EOL Date of Mar 31 2007 and EOSL Date has not even been announced. I think EOL means they stopped making them and EOSL means when EMC will stop supporting the product. So from this i can see that EMC has not even announced when they will stop supporting CX3, so i think you are fine. Now you do need to check with your sales people if you bought extended support on the unit. I think some unit come with 1 year pre-paid support but you are responsible for the rest.

2.8K Posts

I think you've got it .. CX3 is "brand new" IMHO .. :D
We won't sell them (since now we have CX4 available) but I guess we'll support it for a long time .. :D

However note that even in case your storage is beyond EOSL, you can always request support .. You have to pay .. but we'll be more then happy to support your storage ;-) ..

I guess our salesman will be already knocking your door the day before your CX goes EOSL, offering you an upgrade to a CX4 (or better) that will cost you less then support beyond EOSL ;-)

Message was edited by:
Stefano Del Corno

2 Posts

Thanks for the answares..

Just to say, I bought the storge in a "Bidding".. with 3 years of support ..

thankssss

305 Posts

November 10th, 2008 14:00

Eduardo,
It sounds like you can be registered as a customer and have more complete access to all the forums (as well as a more complete knowledgebase on Powerlink).

Regards
Julie
No Events found!