Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 22nd, 2017 22:00

Dell EqualLogic San Headquarters - SNMP Notification Settings

Hi,

I'm having an issue to configure the SNMP Notification Settings onDell EqualLogic San Headquarters. Everytimes i click on the Settings > Snmp Notification Settings, it will prompt out the window about WCF Connection not available with message "WCF Connection is not available. Please verify your WCF connection settings and retry again later."

Any guide to solve the issue? Thanks.

Regards,

hsoochye

10 Posts

June 28th, 2017 06:00

Hi again,

V3.2 of SAN HQ is pretty old, and I am sure it isn't approved for 2012. Please update to the 3.3.1 version now available on eqlsupport.dell.com

When you install/update it, please make sure you fill out the pop-up asking for domain/username & password when asked.

good luck!

10 Posts

June 27th, 2017 06:00

Hi hsoochye!

Can we get some environmental variables checked?

0. Does the "SNMP Community Name" match in SAN HQ & the Group?

1. What version of SAN HQ? 3.3.0 or 3.3.1? On the top menu bar "Help -> About" Look for Version 3.3.100x.xxxx  (if you are running something earlier, can you please download the latest and see if the problem persists?)

2. What OS on the SAN HQ system? 2012? 2016? ( 2008 R2 is deprecated, and you shouldn't expect SAN HQ to perform correctly on that OS.)

3. When you installed, did you fill out the "Domain\Password"?  If you don't recall, please go to "I/O -> Live View Sessions" and if it gives an error across the top, follow the instructions to entre the domain/password. (right click on "Default Servers" in the left menu, at the bottom "Change Login Credentials")

4. If you got here, what Firmware is on the Group?

5. do a re-install from the Admin or Domain Admin account. (not "Run As." from the actual account)

Let me know which fixes it? I think #0 is the winner

3 Posts

June 27th, 2017 23:00

Hi Ben Dibble,

Thanks for ur help. Below are my answers.

0. Yes. Both place community name are the same.

1. 3.2.0.8291

2. Windows Server 2012 R2

3. Yes, filled. No error.

4. Version 8.1 (EqualLogic Group Manager)

5. I can’t do it as the server under production live.

Warning alert: NAS Controller1 cannot reach xx.xx.x.xx SNMP trap recipient.

The reason I posted this is because I keep received the above Warning alert everyday from storage server.

10 Posts

July 6th, 2017 11:00

I would like to modify my prior recommendation.

SAN HQ 3.2 is not configured/built for Windows 2012 or 2016. If you install it, you will get bad/unusual results. Because of this, you also cannot update from 3.2 to 3.3.1, that will also give you a bad install.

Please do a full removal of SAN HQ V3.2 from the system. You will need to remove all the files associated with SAN HQ. Then do a full fresh install of V3.3.1 of SAN HQ.

Or, you can install 3.3.1 on a new server (that has not had SAN HQ installed on it before) and confirm that it works correctly.

I look forward to hearing from you, as this is something I would like to create a KB for, if it corrects the problem.

thanks!

No Events found!