Start a Conversation

Unsolved

TV

2 Posts

February 14th, 2020 11:00

Manual Transfer Utility error

Hi all:

I have a question about a configuration I inherited with very little documentation. It is a factory system set up to emulate a client site with SRM (which of course was broken when I inherited it). One problem at a time...

The current EQL configuration:

• MTU version 2.0.1.426712
  • 2 EQL PS 4100 series, "Primary" and "Secondary"
  • Firmware level on both is V7.1.2 (R402088)
  • units live in adjacent subnets
  • replication tested and working
  • Group Manager is running on a Windows 7 system (don't ask...)

The issue I have is when attempting to run the manual transfer utility on a volume located on Secondary - it errors out with the following message in the GUI version: "Data transfer operation could not start due to the following error: I/O error: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

I have confirmed that the Microsoft iSCSI initiator service is started automatically and running on the Group Manager system. What else am I missing?

Thanks,

Trece

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

February 14th, 2020 11:00

Hello, 

Per the website MTU only shows support for 8.x, 9.x EQL firmware 

Recommended Manual Transfer Utility
Expand All | Hide All  

Version 2.0.1

Downloads Windows
Linux
Downloadable Online Help Files  
Date Released May 2016
Documentation
Installation and User’s Guide  
Supported Platforms v8.1.x to v9.x

If you are on the "Secondary" is that destination for replication?   Are you try to replicate back to the source side? 

I've not see that error before.  Usually it's a "Error 15 permission denied"" or "Bad file descrip"  

Make sure you are trying to replicate a volume that has been configured 

Regards, 

Don

February 18th, 2020 09:00

Hi Don:

Thanks for the reply. I've backed MTU down to the legacy 1.2.3 version to try this again.

To answer your questions:

1. yes, the volume is configured for replication, and is able to run scheduled outbound replication from the Secondary back to the Primary array.
  2. the manual replication test is an attempt to move a copy from the Secondary array to the Primary - I'm attempted to recreate live conditions for a customer.
  3. Re-running with version 1.2.3 produces an iSCSI connection error instead of the connection refusal. This I can at least try to track down.

Thanks,

Trece

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

February 18th, 2020 11:00

Hello, 

AFIAK, MTU only works from Primary to secondary.  It is designed to seed that first replication. 

Regards, 

Don 

No Events found!