Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2018 11:00

PS6210 Firmware upgrade - update controller/HDD/SAN prior?

I am trying to update the firmware for EqualLogic PS6210 SAN. I spoke to a dell rep yesterday and he recommended that I update the controller, hard drive and SAN HQ software as well. 

Is there an order of updates I am to perform prior to updating the drive firmware? 

I can not open a support ticket as my clients EqualLogic warranty expired 3 days ago. 

September 22nd, 2018 12:00

Thanks for the assist Don.

So I am only able to update the PS6210 firmware, controller firmware and SAN HQ software?

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

September 22nd, 2018 12:00

Hello,

If they arrays are no longer under warranty then they do not have a license to upgrade the firmware.  The license for all bundled EQL software/firmware is maintained by that support contract, not the hardware itself.

That's stated on the webpage when the firmware was downloaded and you agreed to the EULA.

Regards,

Don

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

September 22nd, 2018 13:00

Hello,

No. You can't update ANY of it w/o a support contract in place on that unit.  The license for all EQL array firmware, drive and bundled applications like SANHQ,  HIT/ME, etc  are maintained by the contract NOT the hardware. 

They would need to get that array back under a support contract  before they can upgrade any one of those items.

Regards,

Don

No Events found!