Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2020 08:00

Receiving SAN HQ Notification Alerts for old IP address

Hello,

I recently moved my SAN to a new IP address.  I thought I changed all the IP addresses I needed to in the SAN configuration.  The SAN is working fine.  However, I am still getting automatic emails saying my SAN group is not responding to ping requests, because whatever program is pinging is pinging the old IP address.

Here is the text of the emails that are being sent:

This message was generated by the Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters service (version 3.0.1.7331) running on myserver.mycompany.com
The following conditions on Group MYSANGROUP (123.45.178.90) have generated an alert notification:

Critical conditions:

• 1/7/2020 1:31:26 AM to 1/7/2020 7:30:32 AM
    • [ID: 14.11] Group failed to respond to ping.
      • The group did not respond to an ICMP ping request.
      • Condition already generated an e-mail message. If the condition persists, additional messages will be sent approximately every 6 hours.

IP address 123.45.178.90 is the old IP address of the group and is no longer valid.  What do I need to change to have the service/system/program (whatever it is) ping the new IP address (187.65.132.10)?

Thanks.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

January 7th, 2020 13:00

Hello, 

It will only remove it from the SANHQ database.  It will not actually do anything to the SAN itself. 

You might have to check the online help. There is a way to just have it not actively monitor the group but keep the old data.  Otherwise you can export the archive then view it later inside SANHQ.  

Regards,

Don 

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

January 7th, 2020 10:00

Hello, 

You can't change the IP address in SANHQ for an existing group you are monitoring.  However, you can stop monitoring that group at the old IP.  So you keep all the archive data.  Right mouse over the group in SANHQ and it should be an option.   

Regards,

Don

January 7th, 2020 13:00

Thank you for the information.  I successfully added a new group (the same group as before, but now with the correct, new IP address).  If I right click on the old version of the group (the one using the old, invalid IP address) and click "Remove from Monitoring List" will that cause any harm?  It seems pretty straightforward that all it will do is remove the incorrect group from the monitoring list, but I want to make sure it won't delete my SAN or anything like that.

No Events found!